The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

import-bot (20211) [Avatar] Offline
[Originally posted 9/20/03 by Anonymous]

I'm trying to get UIBuilder.rb to work and I'm running into a problem with the line

result += ERbStrIO.as_stdout {yeild(node,text)}

ERbStrIO doesn't seem to exist anywhere.

I'm using erb.rb version 2.0.4. Has something changed?
Re: ERbStrIO.as_stdout in UIBuilder.rb
[Originally posted 9/20/03 by MCargal]

OK, I seem to have it working by replacing the line:

result += ERbStrIO.as_stdout {yield(node,text)}

with:

result += yield(node,text)

since this is barely day two of my using Ruby, I'm hoping someone can tell me if I'm missing something critical by making this change.

thanks...
[Originally posted 9/21/03 by jherr]

The code is only known to work against erb-1.4.3. A copy of that version is up on http://www.codegeneration.net/cgia CGN. If it runs against the unit tests with your modification you are probably good. Any successful modification you make I would be happy to post.
[Originally posted 9/21/03 by Anonymous]

It's been working fine with the modification I posted in the previous message. We now have a very modfied version of the UIBuilder that we are using quite heavily to do a lot of code generation (bean, beans, etc.) from our own custom XML definitions.

Thanks for the code, it provided a very good start.
[Originally posted 9/20/03 by jherr]

Cool. Is it something that you can share, or is it proprietary?