Clojure: The Essential Reference MEAP V31 cover
welcome to this free extract from
an online version of the Manning book.
to read more
or

Welcome

Thank you for purchasing the MEAP for The Clojure Standard Library. It is my hope that this book is going to be one of the most authoritative sources of information about the Clojure standard library.

When I started learning Clojure, I realized how much there was to learn just by reading the Clojure sources: so many functions I never heard of! I started picking them randomly and investigated a few just for fun. Over the years I've collected a series of small blog posts about my findings (the Clojure Weekly at http://reborg.net contains some of them), and after some time I realized there was potential interest for expanding this work into a book.

The book contains many examples, links, and background information. The vast majority of concepts are given at least a brief explanation, but because of the reference style, this book cannot cover general Clojure programming topics in great depth. If you feel the need for more background theory, I suggest you keep a copy of The Joy of Clojure handy (another great book by Manning). If you are instead a Clojure expert, you will certainly appreciate the amount of detailed information concentrated here.

sitemap